Happy Thanksgiving! To quote the Apostle Paul: I thank my God every time I remember you,constantly praying with joy in every one of my prayers for all of you, because of your sharing in the gospel from the first day until now. I am confident of this, that the one who began a good work among you will bring it to completion by the day of Jesus Christ. (Philippians 1:3-6)
This weekend: Christmas Goes to the Movies. We kick off the Advent season looking at the movie, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles and one of the deep Christmas themes it deals with. (Disclaimer—normally I use kid-friendly movies so families can watch the movie after the sermon if they want. While this is a very entertaining movie, it also has a ton of very adult language in it!) I’ll even define for you the meaning of Sehnsucht! Families with last names starting with S-Z have the food table this weekend.
This Saturday@4: The Annual Grace Turkey Games. Fun for all ages with free walking Taco’s, Volleyball competitions, and, for those who purchased the kit, the Manger Build. Followed by Worship at 5.
Make a Difference Day:
- Lake Pleasant Mobile Home Park Christmas Party/Manger Build. Saturday, December 3@10:00. We need lots of folks to bring their hammers and builder’s spirit to help the kids build their mangers. Sign up in the lobby.
- Fill out Christmas cards for the Angel Tree. Hand-writing notes to the kids collected from their parents. Saturday, December 3@4 in the lobby.
The Annual Grace Christmas Show, Sunday, December 4. 2:30 and 5 pm (with a cookies, hot chocolate, and Santa after the 2:30 show until 4:30). Tickets this weekend. (And bring some Christmas cookies to share!)
YOLO Christmas Dinner, Wednesday, December 7@Iron Works Restaurant. Great food and entertainment. Tickets in lobby this weekend.
Christmas Eve Service Times:
- Friday, December 23 (Christmas Eve Eve): 6:30 pm with carols and candle light outside
- Saturday, December 24: 3:30, 5:30, 7:30 and 9:30 (Scripture/Carols/Communion and outdoor candle light)
- Sunday, December 25: 8:10, 9:15, 10:30 Annual Grace Christmas Party Worship Service with communion
May God bless you with a compelling, bold, reckless Thanksgiving!
See you this weekend!