This weekend we look at the story of Jesus and the Hungry Crowd (Luke 9:10-17). It’s a story filled with promise, challenge, and transformation! Families with last names starting with L-R have the food table this weekend.
Saturdays before worship: Because we have time before worship on Saturdays we’re planning some family/mulit-generational activities in the next few weeks:
- Oct. 1: BINGO night: 3:45-4:45. Snacks provided (and some prizes, too)
- Oct. 15: All Pro Families. 4:15 until service starts. A chance for families to connect through fun and discussion. Light meal provided.
- Nov. 5: Pumpkin Painting. 4:00 pm. You bring the pumpkin. We’ll provide the rest.
- Nov. 19: All Pro Families. 4:15 until service starts. A chance for families to connect through fun and discussion. Light meal provided.
The Man-Cave Bible Study Following Jesus Through the Gospel of Mark this Saturday@6:15 am.
Women’s Ministry Schedule-Fall of 2016
- Morning Class: “Putting On the Armor of God” DVD series by Pricilla Shirer. Led by Laura Nelson and Sharon Riester. Meets on Tuesdays at 10AM in room3/4 Meets 9/13-11/1
- Evening Class: “Believing God” DVD series by Beth Moore. Led by April Lange and Judy Mikes. Meets on Mondays at 6:30PM in the lobby. Will be meeting on the following dates: 9/12, 9/19, 9/26, 10/3, 10/17, 10/24, 11/7, 11/14, 11/21, 11/28 (no classes on Columbus Day or Halloween).
- Evening Event: “Give Thanks Dinner/Silent Auction” November 15 at 6:30PM.
Sign up in the lobby!
Forum on Islam, Wednesday, Oct. 19, 6:30 pm. I’m really excited about this opportunity to learn more about our Muslim friends. Our guest will be a local lawyer: Yasir Ali. He’s awesome. And he’ll be bringing some folks from his local Mosque along for us to hang out with after the forum.
Active Adults (YOLO) fall breakfast kickoff—October 19. Hold the date.
The Helping Christian Boys Thrive Summit is coming to Phoenix, Saturday, October 22. Featuring my good friend, New York Times Best-Selling Author Michael Gurian (The Wonder of Boys; The Mind of Boys; The Purpose of Boys) along with yours truly, we’ll be going deep into how boys are wired and how we can call them into HEROIC manhood. This is for parents, grandparents, educators (Public, Private, Charter), Church leaders, anyone who works with boys! It will be held this first year at Grace! The Church, in partnership with parents and educators, is the best hope for changing the storyline of our boys! 60 spots are now available for Gracer’s at 1/2 price, which includes lunch. $25 per person. Register here.
To learn more about the Summit (or to pass the word along to your friends, see the website: www.helpingchristianboysthrive.org/phoenix
Stats and Stuff:
Offerings: General $15440.70 + $470 Thrivent Choice + $4,045 online/text/kiosk = $19,955.70. Refresh the Campus $20 + $364 Building . Noise Youth Choir $250. Noisy Offering $61.03
This weekend: We see Jesus recklessly dispensing grace once again!